Thursday, August 6, 2009

OH DRATS!!----

Gosh Darn it----went to my local med clinic today to take a long scheduled blood test----what can I say I flunked my blood testing!! (note I said blood testing, not the actual blood test itself---so relax)  I got up early this am, rewarded myself with going out to Papa Paul's  for breakfast, and then since the clinic is just a short distance away, decided to drive over and get my blood tested (I get regular blood tests every six monthes, and this test was scheduled back in March), andway so I arrive at the clinic, enjoying the fantastic clear blue skies, and cool morning air, and noticed with glee, that there was no waiting line at the Lab---but the nice clerk at the check in desk stopped me cold when she casually asked if I had fasted prior to coming in----I had forgotten I was not suppose to eat 12-14 hours prior to having my blood tested.   I admitted I had just came from a restaurant having had breakfast-----(sigh), so we will try again tomorrow morning, and AFTERWARDS, will go have breakfast.

On a more brighter note, today, I set a new personal best playing freecell----completeing successfully a new all time record for me of winning 1,403 games in a row.  (not to shabby for an old dude !!)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your freecell record. I'm not too good at that one. As I was reading your blog, I was wondering how you could go to breakfast and then go for bloodwork. I knew I never could. I was a little jealous, but I see now that I didn't need to be.....good luck today with the blood work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm empressed with your Freecell record! I play solitare and have it at 71% at the moment...meaning I win 71% of the games I've played. It got as low as 49% but I've had a lucky steak of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting about Papa Paul's. I had never heard of it so had to google it and it looks GREAT. My husband LOVES going out for breakfast so it looks perfect for us. We are going to give it a try:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing last month. I have yet yo get my tested done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU NEED TO SHOW UP AT MY PLACE ONCE IN A WHILE. I'M GOING TO HAVE A LINK TO YOUR BLOG TOMORROW. COME CHECK OUT HOW I DID IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gary...it's been almost a month..you ok?

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.