Friday, October 2, 2009

Twas A Terrible Job---

Some number of hours ago I posted a bit about my current trial and tribulation, well this is the sequel-----I had to go to three different stores to acquire a box, of some equitable size to accommodate the gift.  Believe it or not I found what I needed at Fed Ex Kinko's.   Then of course I just HAD to have wrapping paper, and plain brown wouldn't cut it, so off to other stores, where I found wrappings that pleased my sensibilites , and a third store for a card to go with the gift.   Then of course I dashed home to DO the wrapping.

I most definitely miss the lil Princes talents in the sphere of gift wrapping-----this is the first year I have had to wrap gifts in over a decade, and unfortunately the end result definitely shows my lack of skill in that arena..  However I finally got the job done , and I don't know the name of the saint that invented scotch tape, but BLESS YOU, whoever you are.  It was a terrible job, but somebody had to do it!!  Just remember Alexi, years  from now when you look back and talk of this occasion------and you will----be kind.

Now all I have to do is decide what to wear-----hmmm, maybe I should do laundry now that I think about it? ((sigh, it just never stops does it?)

12 comments:

  1. Don't forget your jacket. It does get cold here after the sun goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me thinks you have deserted us for greener pastures. I hope you are well and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary Old Dude,
    I agree with Sue. You deserted us :o(
    I hope your health is good and I hope so, you have a lot of interesting things to do instead of posting and visiting your blogging friends :o).
    I wish you a happy Thanksgiving day. Here in France, at least french people, we do not celebrate TG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Happy New Year Old Dude...miss your posts...hope all is well with you and you're enjoying life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gary,
    So you decided to desert the bloggosphere. It is a pity. I liked your posts and your thinking.
    I hope you are going well. Made me a sign ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gary, it's been a long time since I've seen a post from you and I miss reading about your life. Hope you are well and that life is treating you kindly. I'd love to see you posting again. :-)
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I check in a few times a month to see if maybe you're back. I hope all is well with you. Miss your wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey old dude....where are you? Miss reading your posts, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Patty. I miss your posts and the good contact we have had.
    Give us a sign !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Gary...it's been a year now. I'd really like to know that you're ok? I'm sure everyone else would too. Won't you at least let us know?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this article.
    visit my links.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is that the new poetry. I notice it terrific and wonderful in some ways.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.