Monday, March 23, 2009

Just another damn nice day

One could take days like to day for granted, but maybe because I got the time I savor each day, or at least try to. Today for example: The sun is shining, spring has sprung, got fruit trees blooming, day lilies, etc. Went for a short little drive in the new car (gotta love that), had breakfast at Mimi's, (the waitress didn't even ask, just brought me my decaf coffee) took my order, eggs over easy, fried red potatoes, orange juice, and whole-wheat toast (buttered)---and it was good. The point being I enjoyed being acknowledged as a regular customer, enjoyed the efficiency and professional way it was served.
The Market is up, which always is a pleasant experience, yep its just another damn nice day.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are having a nice day Gary. And the waitress ... just goes to show nice people make a good impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are in the groove in your new hometown.

    Thanks for your great comments on my grandkids stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are having a nice day! Where's the pictures of that new car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't days like that just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now let me hear it sweetums: Can you picture yourself at the old home and what you would be doing there? Now, aren't you the lucky one!!! More power to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.