Wednesday, November 12, 2008

--and the winners are----??

It occurrs to me that in the bloggosphere, if one spends sufficient time and effort to develope one's page, that one acquires a steady circle of fun fellow readers and it is not unusual to from time to time recieve awards from them. These awards are intended to be compliments and as such should be put on ones' page with pride, not to mention acknowledgment of who awarded it to me. If you look at my page you will see two such awards now, the Proximade Award, given to me by Wayne John, and the "Proud Old Dude Blogger" which came from my blogger friend Sue.

The nature of these awards frequently, is such, that one is requested to pass them on to others we deem worthy of receiving them , in the case of the "Proximade" award, I am expected to pass it on to five worthy souls. I will reference these good people below.

First allow me to give you some explanation of the purpose of the "Proximade"----one creates one's blog and one makes posts to it---over the course of time, one receives comments and develops regular readers, and via reading each others pages and exchanging comments one grows "closer" to these people, ---so via blogging one moves into closer proximity to some individuals than one might not otherwise have come into contact with----and acknowledging this "friendship", this proximity---one earns a "proximade".

I hereby award the following people the "Proximade Award", and request that they in turn pass it on to five other worthy readers of their blog. Missy, Sue, Alexi, Matt and Dana

(Note: should you already be fortunate to have received a "Proximade", consider the receipt of another as a reconfirmation of your worthiness (lol)-----

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award. It's one of my favorites since it's about 'virtual' community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary ... congratulations on your award.

    I must say ... I am truly, truly honored to receive this award from you. I will proudly post it on my blog and in turn pass it along to five others.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award, Gary and congrats to those deserving souls you passed it on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary thank you so much and I am truly honored to receive this award from you... it really means a lot to me. I will display it proudly on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award ol' bud. I don't put awards on my blog anymore. I'm going o'naturale! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Gary...although most of my posts have a "reward" for removing them...not an award.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.