Friday, November 14, 2008

The Sun Sinks In The West---again

I have no idea why I titled this post as I have---me thinks it has to do with my acknowledging my place in the scheme of things----kinda reminding me that I am just here temporarily---and life goes on, whether I want it to or not---watching the sun set, signifying the end of yet another day, in spite of me and my doings---well keeps a guy kinda humble ya know what I mean?

The sun sinking in the west does make the question of what will I cook for dinner a bit more important, kinda running outta time on answering that question---yeah, yeah I know its fashionable to eat late----but I hate waking up with heartburn caused by eating late and going to bed to soon afterwards. Okay, with my back to the wall and not feeling all that industrious, I have decided tonight's gourmet selection will be ---(wait for it)-----(insert trumpet fanfare here )---Spaghetti with Classico Florentine Spinach & Cheese sauce-----wow, gone!!, my headache is gone!! (meal planning can really put the pressure on a guy)

Tonight's movie will be the old classic "Pajama Game", with John Rait and Doris Day and Eddie Foy Jr.

7 comments:

  1. Who will be there to acknowledge our existence if we don't do it ourselves? Ain't that one of the reasons you blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinner sounds terriffic!
    Not sure about the movie.

    Hang in there, were all here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what MRMacrum had to say ... so insightful!

    Sounds like you made a good choice for dinner. I like to eat earlier too ... eating too close to bedtime is uncomfortable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with MRMacrum. That sure is a good reason for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MRMacrum gets my vote too, as does your meal choice. I wish we lived closer, I'd be there to help you eat, yum. And I guess I could learn to watch classic movies, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just made me realize that my entire life has revolved around "what's for supper". I have wasted, and will continue to waste, 23 hours out of every day planning, buying, making, serving and cleaning up after FOOD.

    Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Progresso chicken noodle and the veg beef soups are nice to have on hand for those nights when you don't want to make a big deal with cooking. They are low calorie, low fat and are actually good. Have some crackers on the side and you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.