Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Quiz

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your blog friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do. Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag 5 people to post this on their blog. How simple can it get!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  Wrapping paper here
2. Real tree or artificial?   Real trees are of course very nice, but---artificial is less of a fire hazard, and easier to dismantle when the holidays are over.
3. When do you put up the tree?   Three weeks before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down?   The day after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? --Yes, but only acouple of glasses, its to rich to enjoy drinking more than that.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?   Guess looking back, would say it was a Kodac Brownie camera, which I received at the age of 9.
7. Hardest person to buy for?   Jerry, aka LP (little prince) He would never give me a hint--and no matter what I got him---he would tell me it was great.
8. Easiest person to buy for?   The Pool Man, He was always glad to get a bottle of Jack Daniels
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.   Actually have two of em, one for the living room a second one for the Den.----and also a large santa riding a tricycle which goes on the dining room table as a center piece
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail cards, cept this year may not -----not really in the mood this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?   A Soap On A Rope, from my brother when I was 10, which I saved and gave back to him the following Xmas, and he gave it back to me the following xmas, and we did that for over a half a century----(talk about family xmas traditions!!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?   White Christmas
13. Better to give or receive?  As a child receiving is the big deal, as an adult much more enjoy giving gifts.
14. Favorite Christmas Food?   Gosh so many, but if I have to pick one---would opt for sugar cookies cut in the shape of stars, santa clauses and elves., but then I got this thing about good chocolate fudge Brownies too.
15. Favorite Christmas tradition? My personal favorite tradition is spending Christmas day with my family, I have only missed spending xmas with them twice in my life, and those were the two most miserable xmas holidays I've had.
16. Colored lights on the tree or all clear?   Traditionalist here, has to be all colored, all one color is to trendy.
17. Favorite Christmas song?   White Christmas, the original Bing Crosby rendition, as sang in the Movie of the same name.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?   Always go to wherever the family is gathering, Last year it was at Pete & Judi's home on Shogon Mtn, ---this year its to be in Corona at the home of my eldest Nephew Edward and his lovely wife Sherri---I got high hopes of winning the family "Gil-Olympics" (lol)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen , and of course Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?   Star.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?   When the families children were little it would be Xmas morning, but as they became teenagers we, opened gifts xmas eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? ---The total emphasis on buying material things, stores advertising xmas even before Halloween, and clerks afraid to wish any one Merry Christmas, forced  to make it a neutral Happy Holidays.
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?   Christmas is predominently green, red, and white
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?   Slices of Hot Hickory Smoked Ham. Mashed potatoes, and all the fixins.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well there are a number of items----and I will be submitting my letter to Santa after Thanksgiving. (stay posted sportsfans)

     OKAY have answered with my answers and guess I need to tag a few fun souls ----okay, how about Alexi, Tish, Helene, Dots and Matt.  (you all have a nice Thanksgiving ya all)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Gary, a Christmas Quiz? Do you already have your tree up too? It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Anyway, you are wished a Happy Thanksgiving and I know that you will find many things to be thankful for. It is a difficult time for you, but you are a champion! Now, I gotta got start getting ready. I've left it all for the last minute.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.