Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nothing is to be taken for granted

The sun comes up in the East no matter what we do, and its a good probability that it will continue to do so for a goodly amount of years to come. THAT you can pretty much take for granted, everything else----is a crap shoot.
After the raping and pillaging of earlier in the week, I thought I could put all that negativity to bed, and start my new week on a positive note. I should have known better than start it with a visit to the Supermarket.---on a Saturday-----in the early afternoon no less. (I am beginning to think that at my tender age of 71, I am developing an appreciation for masochism.)
It wasn't much of a shopping list, some Carnation Instant Breakfast (variety pack), a baked pie (Peach or Apricot), Bleach (used the last at this weeks fluff and fold event), and Pork Chops (Pork Loin-center cut)---and that was it.
Needless to say, having described the day and the time of day I arrived at the Supermarket, it became a living hell. Several runs through the store parking lot, before I found a parking slot. That alone kinda negatively affected my up til then happy mood. Inside it was crowded, loud, and over-run with unleashed children. I should have turned around and left right then, but my stubbornness kicked in----me versus "THEM"---gritting my teeth I pushed my shopping cart aggressively into the innards of the store.------about the only thing I can say as I staggered away from the checkout station later, ----they didn't see me cry.
No Carnation Instant Breakfast-----No Peach or Apricot Pie, had to buy the LARGE bottle of Bleach (they were temporarily out of the convenient middle size), and in the meat dept, their was only one pathetic package of center cut pork loin chops, which I didn't even bother to pick off the shelf----and by that time I was not in the Mood to ring the bell for service.
To complete my day, upon making it back home with the bleach---found the Property Tax bill in the Mail box.---the good news is---its smaller than the Plumbing bill of yesterday. Anyway-----maybe tomorrow will be a better day---but I ain't taking that for granted.

6 comments:

  1. You might want to start reading your horoscope before you begin a new day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary..sing it with me..(from Annie)

    The sun will come out, tomorrow
    Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow, therell be sun
    Jus thinkin about, tomorrow
    Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
    til theres none

    When Im stuck with the day thats gray and lonely
    I just stick out my chin and grin and say, ohhh

    The sun will come out, tomorrow
    So you gotta hang on til tomorrow
    Come what may...

    Chorus:
    Tomorrow, tomorrow
    I love ya, tomorrow
    Youre always a day away



    The sun will come out, tomorrow
    So you gotta hang on til tomorrow
    Come what may...


    Tomorrow, tomorrow
    I love ya, tomorrow
    Youre always a day a--way!


    There..now don't ya feel better?
    Or from another movie, "I'll think about it tomorrow, for tomorrow is another day."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary.......man, I hated to read about your plumbing troubles this week. I hope the coming week is much, much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn just read my last two posts---oh man am I pathetic or what-------?? surprised you guys are still talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First the plumbing and now the grocery store...will it never end. I feel for you about the grocery store....hoping I'm not jinxing myself by saying, haven't had plumbing problems in a looooong time. It's all down hill from here.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.