Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday, Tuesday

Well in review of the programs we watched last night on the old Telly (Thats what they call a television set across the big pond). "The Big Bang" made me laugh several times with their witty repartee, "How I Met Your Mother" quite amusing. However I have to say the opening of the fall season show of "Two and A Half Men" didn't have the snappy dialog it has had in the past couple seasons---it might be that the kid has reached those awkward years when he is not cute and not adult either, so his lines are awkward in the scenes (I blame poor writing for this not the actor). I sat through"Worst Week"----and with luck the network will just pull this show off the air, tis truly bad. (bring back reruns of "Dennis the Menace" ).
Yesterday was Sept.22, and just happens to be the Anniversary of me and my signifcant other, The Little Prince (aka LP)---To celebrate our day, we ordered in (Chinese), and with our dinner we also totally consumed a very nice bottle of Pierre Jouet (gran brut) Champagne. (you won't find this sitting on the lower shelves of the wine dept, for this ya have to raise your eyes to the top shelf------I mention all this because by the time I had finished my Chicken Chow Mein, and consumed my half of the Champagne------I fell asleep just after the start of CSI Miami, and work up at the end-----the LP refuses to tell me what happened-----(sigh, much frustration).
Tonight, we are having the ever popular Marie Calendar BBQ chicken dinners, and I look forward to the opening show of NCIS---and the shows I mentioned in my previous posting. I will endeavor to stay the distance and report my opinions on them tomorrow----It finally dawned on me why the projected programing for Friday was so bleak----we have live intertainment in the form of the Presidential debates.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary Gary! How long have you and the LP been together?
    I'm happily watching HOUSE tonight as well as DWTS. I'm going night by night to see what shows I will be watching this season...I'm just glad we have something NEW to watch..re-runs were really getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going through "The Wire" again... I love that show.

    I got a new song up on my site that you might get a kick out of.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. I too am curious to how many years you are celebrating. I did watch all of CSI Miami. It was really goood. Not telling though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Gary ! Champagne, my dear ! I see you don't stint yourself. It's cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know how long LP's been putting up with you too!!! As for WORST WEEK, whadaya mean by saying "of course I would enjoy that". Anyway, I was totally annoyed with TWO AND A HALF MEN. I have loved that kid since day one because I'm sick to death of these little princesses and princes with their adult mouths. The writing for this kid was RIGHT ON according to his age. It's such a shame that he is growing up, getting bigger than the stars, and will soon pass into oblivion. That would be an impossible act to follow. yadayadayada. I've taken up my space here. Must go do a pratfall off the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry meant to mention it---Me and the LP have been together now for 17 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry meant to mention it---Me and the LP have been together now for 17 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word...DVR. No worries if you miss a show.

    Did you at least get to see the opening bit where Horatio gives a silly quip, followed by that song by the Who??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Uncle Gary. It seems just like yesterday......

    Love, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary, Gary! And many more to you and the LP! You sound like me ... any more than one glass of wine and I'm out like a light. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.