Friday, May 2, 2008

Living Dangerously---

Should my blog bore ya and you find yourself looking over my page for anything that MIGHT be more interesting to you----you will no doubt see I have a Temperature sign, boldly advising you that the Temperature here in Sherman Oaks is ---yada, yada, whatever. NOW, those that KNOW me, know I do NOT Live in Sherman Oaks, nor do I pay the high taxes in said village---However, I DO live a half of a block just outside of Sherman Oaks and share the same Zip code. So the Temp Sign is pretty much what my weather here is---right outside of Sherman Oaks. To further complicate the matter-----my personal letters and mail reflect that I live in Valley Glen---we actually have signs posted on our borders stating you are now Entering Valley Glen. It USE to be part of Van Nuys, Ca. but we Valley Glennites rebelled, petitioned and split off couple three years back-----but I have found that if I am signing up at this or that web site, where a zip code is called for-----THEY do not recognize Valley Glen. So by posting a weather sign for Sherman Oaks, telling people I REALLY live in Valley Glen---but the government, and the telephone people insist its Van Nuys----I'm living dangerously near the edge----and losing contact with reality-------ooooh no!!-----there be dragons out here??

1 comment:

  1. LOL ... this is too funny Gary!! Maybe you could hyphenate your city name ... such as ... Sherman Oaks- Van Nuys - Valley Glen, CA. I'm just jealou you live in sunny California and I don't!

    Happy Weekend!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.