Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"WHATS A BOY TO DO?"

Is it me ?---aw hell it probably IS me---(sigh)---trying to grow my readership, my assumption is most people want to do grow and reach out and all that jazz---whats the very apropos expression from from WW I---"how ya gonna keep em down on the farm once they have seen Parree?" What percentage do ya think is perfectly content to stay just in the confines of immediate family and a few close friends---and have NO curiosity as to what might otherwise be?---Yet there are those people who are totally content to live that way---yeah, there really are?
I come across these people, and when I meet then or learn there place in things, they're outlook, I never know if I applaud their ability to ignore the rest of the world, or to be more honest to applaud their "ABILITY" to keep their focus on they're world.??
My problem, initially was learning what "MY" program was, as compared with what my parents wanted me to have , what my friends wanted me to have, and what society as a whole wanted----. Its called growing up, we all learn, we KNOW what we like, what we hate, what we can control, and what we can't---the sun comes up in the East, sets in the West, no matter what we do as individuals---the only question we have to ask ourselves when we go to bed at night---did we improve our life, worsen it---or maybe---stay tuned sportfans----tomorrow is another day.??----(what?---hmm??---maybe there ARE bigger ponds---Ribbit, Ribbit!!)

10 comments:

  1. Ya wanna know what really tripped me up last week? I took my daughter shopping for scrubs. She's learning to be a nurse/anesthetist and I was showing my support. She talked me into trying on a pair of scrubs and she then looped her stethoscope around my neck and I......I.....I'm 59 years old and only now, did I realize that I missed my true calling. so many years wasted. My parents and everyone else expected me to be an artist. So I was..........

    Why are the young expected to KNOW what it is they want to be? I want to be a nurse.....damn....I really do. Time is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Improvement, along with love and caring concern for others, should be the reason for living each day. People who are not interested in learning and meeting new people are bored and boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know for an old dude, you have it going on!!!Thank you for your comment on my blog about my neice. And you are exactly right in your blog. We can't save the world, but we CAN make a difference in someone's life everyday!!! I luv ya, ya old dude!
    PS did you ever read my post on how much I love geezers? Not that you are one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, depends. There are some people who just want to jump down other people's throats.

    Oh, BTW, I added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi old dude,
    Often, when I go to bed at night I say to myself - you are lucky, you are in good health, you enjoyed the day because NOW you can do what you love (painting), your family loves you, at least it's done and tomorrow you hope it will be the same.
    As a lot of people I have to earn my life very early. No choice. My dream was to be an artist that was not the case but finally, it is never too late I can be this artist and I do not regret the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another day and I, of course, checked your blog as I do every day and I want to ad something here for you, dear ol' geezer of mine: Let's stop worrying about readership. I am finding that is taking a lot of the inspiration and fun out of blogging for me. WHAT are we to do????

    ReplyDelete
  7. whats wrong with doing whatever that incourages readership growth AND have fun doing it.---I kinda like the challenge of growing my blog---but your right, the world won't end if it doesn't grow fast enough---and besides my frustration temper tantrums hardly ever last more than a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your readership will increase as your blog has been around longer. And also as you leave comments on other blogs you will see an increase as well.

    And just FYI ... Hut (aka Jerome) is my brother ... not Mike's. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stand corrected Missy, and please extend my apologies to Jerome ("Hut")---and its probabely not true either that "Princess" is now called "Dutchess"??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did get nine comments on this post. You have more readers than most. Be patient

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.