Friday, June 6, 2008

From One Novice Blogger To Another----

Us Newbies have got to stick together---no point all of us stepping into the same holes, lets share our hard earned knowledge. I learned that one should limit the number of posts that are displayed on your blog at any one time. This allows your blog page to load up faster whenever anyone checks on it and cares to view it. The experts recommend that if you write lengthy textual posts, or make use of a lot of pics, that you limit the number of posts shown on your main blog page to 5. This does not delete any of your posts, but will only display for viewers the last five postings you have made, the rest will be viewable by readers clicking on your archives, or the link to older posts (as you can see on my blog below).



To set the number of posts to be viewable, click on the big B, in the upper left of your blog page, which brings up your dashboard. Then click on Settings, and when the setting screen come up, click on the tab labelled "formatting". if one then reviews the list of formatting you will see one labelled "Show", here you want to put in the number "5" in the box, and then click the Lil arrow next to the box, so that it reads "posts". then click Save and your done.

Now having done a good deed, gonna go reward myself with a fresh cup of coffee, its to damn early in the day for a cold beer----(10:30am)

9 comments:

  1. Hi there and greetings! I guess you'd consider me a young buck to your ThreeScorePlusTen. :)

    Good to see someone else looking to create a community of new bloggers and help people get going with tips and such. keep up the good work!

    Will do some looking around and drop some comments where appropriate. Feel free to do the same, and perhaps some constructive criticism on my blog. I'm currently trying to enhance the tone of my posts as I tend to come across unintentionally harsh sometimes. Just my to-the-point attitude I guess.

    Cheers!

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary ... you are learning so much. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta laugh, reading the two comments above, one from (are ya ready) Wayne john, and the other from Missy---picture John Wayne (the actor) talking to the school marm----"Now lookee here Lil Missy----" (hey I'm harmless relax people)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL ... that gave me a giggle ... and I really needed a giggle right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, knowing I made somebody smile and giggle----priceless

    ReplyDelete
  6. There could be a problem if you post 5 blogs in one day Gary. keep your post down to two or three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you passing on what you have learned. I'm still waiting for that coffee. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't help myself Judi, ---"GOTTA BLOG"----Flashing on the movie "Sunset Blvd", starring Gloria Swanson, her big line in the movie,(a reference to the theatre movie vesus the TV screen), (damn forgot the quote verbatgim, but it talks to, the stars remained big, but the pictures got smaller---damn I just should drink and blog---but HEY I am lovable right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. "definitely NOT ready for my close up", Mr. DeMille--(sigh)

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.