Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Again.

Gonna be another hot day here in The San Fernando Valley. Its 80 degrees already and its only 9am. Oh well its a "dry" heat, uh-huh, righttt-----Its also Sunday again. which means I don't go out for coffee with the SOCDS crowd, nor do I do grocery shopping for either myself or the LP, and the Library is closed on Sundays----but other than that, its yet just another day of the week, although to be more exact, its the day between Saturday and Monday---its been that way since "Julian " times.

So whats the boy to do today----to damn hot to go out on the patio to read, nothing on Television------its gonna be a long day. Will kill some time here working on my blog, doing some work on developing a more concise list of my labels and going back and putting labels on my older posts, then spend some time searching out other interesting blogs and were I am amused leaving comments (don't ya hate it when they visit your blog, but never leave a comment---that's so rude don't ya think?)

whats the song title---with the lyrics that has the refrain---"lazy days and Sundays"----?? That's gonna be nagging me all day til I remember it-----that's the trouble with getting old, all the stuff we remember----just takes sometimes forever to download it----(how many zillion gigs of memory do YOU have in your head?)

13 comments:

  1. I'm am here bearing an olive branch. You are NOT a coot. You are not a coot.

    Blast it all!!

    I think you and I are the only ones who blog on the weekend just as we do all week.

    I guess that means we're too old to actually have a LIFE.

    What will we do when THIS gets old and we're not interested in it anymore?? Tell me!! I'm scared!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people that think dry heat is any better than humid heat. when it's 115 it doesn't matter dry heat or heat indexed, it's stupid heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gjg
    trying to get you a pic of a wire wrapped serving piece and a business card so you can go the web site and take a look

    ReplyDelete
  4. hot here also last week it was in the 100's, dry or humid hot is hot no matter where you are, you should be out in your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gjg just thought I remember the song you are talking about
    Lazy Days and Wasted Nights(Country Western Song)???

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO, thats not it but hey I kinda liked that countryt western hit---if I had a buck for every wasted night I spent-----oooh yeahhhh. I Think the song in the back of my head was one done by the Carpenters---and the lyric was "Lazy days and (fill in the blank) get me down-----" something like that anyway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe Karen Carpenter sang that song. No sorry that's Rain days and Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm..sure ya don't mean the song "rainy days and sundays? or maybe "wasted days and wasted nights?"...so many songs runnin thru my head. Guess I'll go do a search and see if I can find those lyrics for ya! bbl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok..here's the one by Karen Carpenter.

    Talking to myself and feeling old
    Sometimes I'd like to quit
    Nothing ever seems to fit
    Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown
    Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

    What I've got they used to call the blues
    Nothing is really wrong
    Feeling like I don't belong
    Walking around some kind of lonely clown
    Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

    Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you
    It's nice to know somebody loves me
    Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do
    To run and find the one who loves me

    (*) What I feel is come and gone before
    No need to talk it out
    We know what it's all about
    Hanging around, nothing to do but frown
    Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

    Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do
    Run and find the one who loves me

    Hope it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you nailed it Sue---I'll sleep good tonight, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm...I wonder if you typed in what you could remember into Google if that would have given you the answer.

    Lyrics are rampant on the web, and everytime I can't remember a song/artist/album, but know a snippet, Google usually pulls through for me.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was hot here as well. 104 in Temecula on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.