Saturday, June 28, 2008

What Constitutes a Proper Tagging?

Attention all Bloggers, an important matter has come up which I feel the entire blogosphere should pay attention to----sloppy tagging!!! Like all good games there are rules, as without rules all ya got is a drunken mob---not to say sometimes a drunken mob can be kinda intertaining, but I digress, the subject here is what constitutes a proper, legitimate tagging---SPECIFICALLY as it applies to passing on of a Meme----.



Correct me if I am wrong, but---my understanding of how the game is played, says first off, the Person who is it---must first describe the individual who tagged them, secondly describe what the Meme (aka puzzle) is , and what rules apply to solving it., thirdly , the Person who has been tagged must then present they're solution to the puzzle (observing the puzzle rules), and finally only then can the person who had been tagged now identify who they are tagging.



Now having said all the above, the question is----Has Dana laid a legitimate tag on me yes or no. Is it legal to tag someone via comments to a post , and is it kosher to tell the person that has been tagged in this weird fashion that to fully understand the puzzle they have to go read the taggers posted blog for instructions-------?? this doesn't seem proper to me at all? Please check out 1) the comments made to my POST titled , "Library, Yes or NO" , and then 2) Dana's blog for the so called meme ----and let me know, have I been properly tagged??

8 comments:

  1. Personally I don't like unrelated comments left on my post. Perhaps she should have emailed to let you know you've been tagged with a meme or let you know on one of your old meme posts. Nothing like following a discussion then out of no where pops a comment unrelated to the post. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confused with this meme stuff. It's meaning is very specific and I don't understand how this applies to being tagged. Is it the idea that once you tag someone, that person tags someone else?? Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Meme is an artificial word created in the blogosphere world to describe a group of questions (usually pertaining to an individuals taste) to be answered by those who have been requested to do so, (aka as being tagged)by an individual who had also been tagged and is now passing it on---you ARE familialr with the expression, "Tag, you IT" I assume, well same principle applies here, substitute in your mind the word "Quiz" in lieu of Meme-----and you pretty much got it. (for those that are unaware, Mel is short for Melanie,and Melanie is my Niece---who lives in a castle in Redlands, California, if ya check back in my earlier blogs about a typical family bash, the pics were taken at Mel's place.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lost Gary...why the reference to Mel??? I read what you wrote twice and didn't see any reference to her?? Did you have a thought and forgot to type it? (I do that sometimes..hehe)

    I did understand that Dana had tagged you, but she really didn't give an of the specifics other than tell us 7 things we don't already know about you. I personally never know if I am to do the "meme" on my blog or the tagger's blog? Is there a rule about that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lordy Gary. I said to go to my blog to see how to do it. On my post, I say WHO tagged me; I do the tag (7 things no one knows about me) then I list the ones I am tagging. Then I notified everyone by using comments because I don't have EVERYONE'S email addresses. So I just did the same for each person.

    End of explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can be tagged in any number of ways ... via a blog post on their blog, via an email or via a comment left on your blog.

    It's all fun and games anyway ... so really ... what does it matter how you are tagged ... it's just nice to be asked to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue my reference to Mel, was in response to here comment just above mine -----and as for tagging , seems to me if done proper like, it has to be a "public" tagging, telling someone in private via a comment that he is tagged doesn't seem proper somehow??----but okayyy guess I'm tagged, so will comply----by the way, the post where you identify who your tagging---two out of the three links take your readers to MY blog?? (not that I am complaining about that)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still confused so i looked up meme and it still does not apply to what is going on. A meme is a catchy phrase or something that is passed on from person to person and it catches everyone's fancy. i.e."that's cool" or "bitchin". I don't know how this applies to questions???? Mel

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.