Thursday, June 5, 2008

One Small Step For Mankind, One Giant Step For ------

I have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain-----yesterday I added Feed Burner to my page. It immediately announce to me and to anyone reviewing my page , that I had NO, Nada, None Zip readers. (that is to say no subscribers) of my blog-------Today I jump on line, and HELLO!!!?, I now have a grand total of 1 subscriber-----thus the title of this blog---and like that commercial that drove us all nuts for a while, "-----one a day is all we ask".

I like to think of this blog as being a "work in progress"-----and it being designed by a totally ignorant blogger (that is to say ignorant of how to blog professionally), you will see a lot of changes, false starts, and observe a lot of two steps forward, one giant leap backward changes.

I will loudly proclaim my leaps forward, and I KNOW with Friends like Dana, I will not run the risk of becoming big headed, and remain the humble old dude that I really am. (the name of the game is to get subscribers to my blog----so I'm working on that---can't wait to get my hands on that used copy of Blogging for Dummies) I mentioned in yesterdays ramblings.

9 comments:

  1. Though I may not be a subsriber to your blog via Feed Burner, I'm a daily reader!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Groucho Marx on that one. I wouldn't want to be a member of a club who'd have me as a member.
    My advice: keep it simple.
    I use sitemeter to keep tract. I get about 100 people a week which is fine with me. I don't think I could handle being a superstar blogger.

    Hey, I just noticed missy just found the emoticon for kilroy. Nice job missy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL, you had 8, count 'em, EIGHT comments! Which means you had 7, count 'em, SEVEN more readers than I do! SO QUIT YER BITCHIN'!!!

    I think I'll just wait at your mailbox and steal BLOGGING FOR DUMMIES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok..I'm now an offical subscriber to your blog...does that make me #2? I liked what Dana said...you got lots of comments...ya know we are all readin your blog! I think you just like to play with the buttons! lol Be carefull..don't push the wrong button!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS..why do you have that word verification thingy jiggy? It's really a pain in the you know what!
    Just my silly opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is Feed Burner??? I check your blog at least once a day sometimes twice. I notice that you blog in the morning and in the afternoon. i don't want to miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I blog in the mornings, then gho do chores such as go to the grocery, putter around the house, and then jump back on and blog some more in the afternoons. Feedburner is a site where I wll ultimately put all my feeds, rather than have individual sites for each one to have to check. kinda hard to explain, to be honest not sure just what all feeburner does for me----still learning---and yeahhhh I like buttons---(bet Dana will have a remark to add to that line), and thanks for subscribing Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One bit of advice, since this seems to be the best place to put it. Pay attention to the time it takes for your homepage to load. You don't want to weight it down with all these gadgets and gizmo's to where it takes forever to load the home page.

    This is probably the biggest offense of people getting going. Everyone has seen people's MySpace pages where it takes forever to load, and then when it's done, there is so much BS on the page that it becomes overwhelming.

    Balance is the key. But also testing. Make sure you don't add so much that it makes it unfriendly on accident.

    As for comments and subscribers...I've been writing since December and have had only a few comments, and no subscribers. You should be quite proud that you have some people already that have subscribed and are interested in what you have to say. Good on ya!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.