Friday, June 27, 2008

Library---yes or no??

I'm to old for this ---I should know better than to let myself get into these quandaries---yet here I am in one. (I swear I didn't see it coming on either--). So whats my problem you all ask---well some of ya asked, the rest of ya just have those blank looks on you face, which makes me wonder if your awake or sleeping with your eyes open----well anyway, the PROBLEM is, my books are due back at the Library tomorrow 06/27/08----I have read three of the 4 books, and am about 1/3 the way through the last one, "We Shall Not Sleep", by Anne Perry, the last in her series set in the World War I era----now I Could go on line and renew the one book, which would give me the time to finish reading it , but then I would Still have to go to the library to return the other three. Yes boys and girls I recognize I could just as easily renew ALL four of the books---but then that increases the likelihood that I am depriving other readers of Anne Perry who like me are reading this particular series she has written---which morally speaking I abhor people doing, and don't want to to that----and then of course I COULD just get off the computer and do some serious reading and read the last book and finish it today and have it ready to go to the Library tomorrow when its due-----but that would mean taking time away from my blogging and-----well ya see the problem, my quandary----but wait, their is yet another possibility, ---I could keep all the books over the weekend, and finish reading the last one as I normally would, and just pay the fine for returning the books two days late, (one of the days being a Sunday, which morally would not add to my guilt levels)---the fine, $o.20/day/book x 4 books, equals $0.80/day X 2 days = $1.60----------a small price to pay, and a good compromise----I'm glad we have had this little talk-----but then that's what friends are for right?-------but HEY, better yet why not go on line and renew all four books, but return them on Monday instead of Saturday, no fine, and ooooh yeahhhh no problem, no fine---OKAYYYYYY!! One happy old dude here now.

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmm ... why not renew the one you are still reading and take the other three back since you are finished reading them? That's what I would do.

    (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GARY, I'M SORRY TO HAVE TO DO THIS TO YA, BUT YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED. COME TO MY BLOG TO SEE WHATCHA GOTTA DO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana can be kinda sucha nag sometimes, but then---hey---whatever Dana Wants, Dana gets---your only choice is how much nagging before ya give in----

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was gonna tell you to do what ya decided to do..which is the right thing. I'm glad you thought that out...hehe
    And btw...I didn't know what 420 meant until I did that google on the name of the store! I'm happily ignorante about such thingys.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.