Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sometimes You just have to Pay

After several weeks now trying to learn blogging on a trial or error basis, the one think this old dude has learned is---I DON'T KNOW THE SUBJECT. Ergo!! I need to find the means of translating the blogging terms into plain English----so I ventured forth to Amazon.com---and invested $1.40 and purchased a used but in excellent condition copy of "Blogging for Dummies". I also invested in expediting shipping which cost me five times what I paid for the book----but the sooner I get the damn thing the sooner I might be able to get my blog page working on a friendlier and more efficient level.. My thanks to those of you who nudged me into making this investment above------

5 comments:

  1. Oh Gary. Come sit down next to me. I think we'd have a LOT to piss and groan about and, so far, we seem to be on an even keel where everything is concerned.

    And, HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU THOUGHT LINDA'S POST WAS BETTER THAN MINE!! Waaaaaaaa

    Her post IS better than mine today, but I had the need......you know..........THE NEED to post SOMETHING!

    Anyway, PLEASE let me know about BLOGGING FOR DUMMIES. Those books usually aren't stupid enough for me.

    And, yes, my husband and I get the "So.......what did you used to be?" type of questions.

    Getting old hurts in SO many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever read on my blog that Wiley Publishing is seeking out author candidates for a new book, to be called Blogger For Dummies.

    An acquisitions editor, from Dummies Technology contacted me in March and asked if I would be interested in submitting a proposal.

    I did submit the proposal, which I told was very good.

    You are not looking at the Next For Dummies Author because someone else had a better platform to promote the book, but it was SO exciting just to be asked to consider writing for them.

    Who knows. Maybe next time.

    I however am writing a book on blogging that I plan to publish myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on me Rose, trying hard to get eddicated on blogging, and counting on you to slap me aside my head and keep me pointed in the right direction to do that. (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how that works out for you, I may have to invest in a copy myself.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.