Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Monday

Being a Mammas and the Pappas fan---their rendition of MONDAY MONDAY comes readily to mind, as the start of each week begins. I must say it pleases me to hear frequently the music from the 70's and the early 80's, still be played today----the current generation of kids are stuck with rap and heavy metal----nothing memorable. (yes I know there are some exceptions to that statement, but I can't recall any off the top of my head, so what does that mean?)

Just tried to add a blogger buster widget to my blog page, and got the ever popular, wave off to the effect that the Google server is throwing a conniption fit, and try again later--(sigh). The widget should I ever succeed in downloading it, will list the last five comments made to my page. and identify the specific blog they were made too----kinda thought that might be a neat little gimmick for those viewing my page---(hmm kind of a "Kilroy was here", kinda thing for those swinging bye . (Do I have to explain who "Kilroy" is and the reference being made---am I THAT old now?)

9 comments:

  1. I know who kilroy was....so does that mean I'm getting up there too? lol
    Love the Mama & Papa's..saw them once in concert when I was a teenager.(let's not figure out just how long ago that was!)
    Thanks Gary..now I can't get that song out of my head...have a terrific Monday Monday..can't trust that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That widget sounds interesting ... can't wait to see it Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Blogger Buster on my favorite places, and I also subscribe to Blogger Talk (you can click on the blogger talk button on my page to get ya there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet that definitely dates us. I don't think anybody under 50 knows. They don't teach that stuff in school anymore. Koudos to you gjg. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are just getting into this blog thing now aren'tcha? I don't tweak mine much. I just whine about the need to do it on occaision.

    The music did not stop for me when the 70s ended. But it sure did slow down. I find myself much more fussy about what I will pick of any new music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top comment plugin from blogger buster is a good one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You come up with the neatest add on's. Where do you find all these things? And yes, I do remember the Mamas & Papas song, and unfortunately Kilroy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gary, I think that party was just an excuse to photograph such attractive female relatives. Nice looking family.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.