Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blog Responsibly

I have to confess I have spent a considerable number of hours perusing other blogs---the good, the bad and the downright ugly. I have laughed, cried and puked-----the blogosphere is as complexed as our real world---and I might say just as confused, and irrational and idiosyncratic. (yeah google that one will ya somebody?)

The POINT being (aw jeez why must there always be a point--??)---that here in "Bloggerville" your only responsible for yourself---its YOU that controls the vertical, ---You that controls the horizontal----and YES VIRGINIA, by Google, there IS a SANTA CLAUSE-----(least pretty sure there is one---about page 18, in the fine print of the blogger contract, ya may need a magnifying glass??)----any way pretty damn sure there is one, trust me----


As a Blogger (and hold that head up high, be proud), you face the world , presenting yourself--- daring the world to actually take notice (yeah world here I am, so THERE!!) If you blog well, your friends will applaud you , and tell ya how funny you are, strangers who you have never met will make comments on your blog, and best of all-----BEST OF ALL ----you will come to realize -----there are a lot of ignorant people in the world----your NOT ALONE ANYMORE

So Blog and blog til it hurts, then blog some more----why you ask??---cuz its what we blogger'S do.

13 comments:

  1. Funny that you mention this as I just got around now to reviewing your blog. The thing with blogging is that you should not blog for the sake of blogging for that day. You should give content worth reading. I'm not saying that you don't or obviously I would not be commenting. lol What I would like to see here at your blog is more stories about your life.
    July 4th is coming up and I bet you have lots of memories of the 4th of July. I challenge you to a post on "Fourth of July memories."

    ReplyDelete
  2. challenge accepted, one "4th of July" personal story from the OLD dude----will be posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to enter it in the Bloggertalk.net essay contest. :) Who knows you could just win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary, you've seen my weekly recaps and have, quite humorously commented on them. Thanks. The reason I actually do that is not only to give myself and my readers a way to quickly digest what is on my blog, but also to provide links within my site to other pages. Google loves links, and by using particular keywords within my weekly recaps, I'm reinforcing certain keywords for google.

    Just thought I would fill that in so no one thinks I'm just blogging to blog. :) hahaha

    In my opinion, if you are having fun, that is all that really matters in life and blogging. Money will follow if you do what you are passionate about (most of the time :)

    I for one cannot wait to hear what you have to say about the 4th and what you've seen, done and been through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting and commenting, and linking! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to hear more about your life as well. i think the comment from Rose is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to hear more from your life as well, but sometimes I think another aspect of blogging is the experience of having a personal voice and medium where you can express anything and everything you want to say...

    You are new to blogging, and this medium seems to be fascinating you...I get why you are writing about the 'art' as it were.

    Your young 'un neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you are just blogging to blog Wayne. lol

    Thanks Judi.


    There you have it J.

    We want to hear more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting and keep persuing those blogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEY!! thanks for the comment Neighbor (my neighbor next door "Mammajamma"---(guess better watch what I say now for sure)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy that I have never run across an ugly blog or even one that made me feel like I was going to puke! Are they out there?

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.