Thursday, July 17, 2008

Its Thursday----Nobody cares right?

Nobody gives Thursday much attention----in fact I would wager to say that Thursday's get very little respect. Like nobody has featured Thursday in a song, ----nobody goes around exclaiming, "Thank god its Thursday"-----"Monday, Monday", by the Mamas N Pappa's made Monday's famous. and Friday's has that "thank God" thing working for it. Does anybody know the full poem, mentioned the days of the week----may not be getting it right here, poetry was never MY thing----but the lines went something like ----Wednesday child was full of grace, Thursday child was fair of face----etc, etc---believe the poem worked over all the days of the week ---?? just a thought, not to get excited for---like hello its only Thursday---know what I mean?

3 comments:

  1. Thursdays have never been a favorite of mine... comes from my childhood. Not to go into detail, lets just say Thursday was not a happy day in my family. (well it was for one person, just not for the rest of us)
    Anywayyyyyyyy...
    Was wondering if you were ok.. you usually have posted at least once by now. First thing I do when I get home from work is check your blog. Been home two hours now...had to wait today. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thursdays. I usually don't have to go to work on Thursday's

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my college roomates decided that the weekend should start on Thursday. It became a ritual of ours to open every Thursday with some boilermakers with breakfast. Followed by at least a joint and some more beer to wash it down. He used the excuse that to stay in shape for the weekend, one had to train hard. So we began our weekends on Thursday pretty much the whole second semester that year. Funny how that coincided with my only getting 10 credits that semester. I am sure it was just a coinicidence.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.