Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In My Head---Make it stop Mommie!!!

Woke up this morning, (always a pleasant enough surprise for this old dude)---but then in the shower, it started---a phrase of lyric from a song---"I-I-I-I-I got a pair of brand new roller skates and YOU got a brand new key---"------and I can't make it go away, between functional thoughts , wham it runs though my mind again---like the news ticker use to do on the building in times square----over and over----I got a brand new pair of roller skates, and you got a brand new key-----. I can't remember who sang it, can't remember the rest of the lyrics, can't remember where I was when I first heard the song---have no idea why its now back in my head. Guilt trip for laying a Meme on my blog buddies?? Nah--------oooh crap here it comes again---I got a brand new pair of roller skates, YOU got a brand new key!!----MAKE IT STOP MOMMIE!!
I am sure all of you have had or have similiar experiences, a song or a sentence from a book or a line from a movie suddenly pops into your head and just hangs there repeating itself----(what do ya mean you never have that problem??---what are you saying, you saying maybe its me----something wrong with me???-------I got a brand new pair of roller skates and YOU got a brand new key!!!----AAAAAAAAGHH!!!
Actually what the problem here is---is I am bored, all my blogger buds are busy withe their real world lives, so I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs (hey I run a clean blog here, what ya expect me to say?)---I think maybe I will go to the grocery store, and dilly dally and read labels on all the new brands and packages ----maybe even have one of them fancy coffee drinks, what ya call em??---oh yeah--- LOTTAYS-------I gotta a pair of brand new rollerskates, you gotta brand new key---------(sob)

9 comments:

  1. I got a brand new pair of roller skates: You got a brand new key: I think that we should get together and try them out you see.

    I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car

    Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
    For somebody who don't drive, I been all around the world
    Some people say I done all right for a girl

    "Brand New Key" written by Melanie Safka.

    http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/ivegotab.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have too much time on your hands. It is Tuesday anyways you better get to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great...now it's stuck in my head. Thanks Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the rating system on your blog? You keep changin stuff..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is what is known as an Ear Worm. A song stuck in your head.
    More here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear_worm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeew the thought just came to me. Gay's got a worm and spread it to Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that song Gary-I'll be singing it the rest of the Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just going to take a guess was the girls name Cindy? Like Wendy I now will be singing this song or rather what I know of it.
    see ya

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.