Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saturday At Carl's Place



Hi dear readers miss me yesterday---was off to the Shindig at Carl's place in Lake Forrest. (Yes the very same Social Event that Alexis mentiones in her Blog, "Bits N Pieces". For me it was a matter of driving over to Pasadena (Home of THE Rose Parade), collecting Uncle Bob---and motoring the 62 miles South to the small elegant community of Lake Forrest. The directions given me by my niece Tish were accurate, ---although I should know by now her perception of distances is suspect----one part of the directions given was turn right onto this street, go about 4 miles (turned out to be closer to six) but we did get there, in fact we were the first to arrive.  After spending a goodly number of minutes---5-6 at least, Carl (Our Host for this soiree, which is a french word for a party held by adults for adults in broad daylight) got me a cold beer (and of course I looked at the label---My boy Carl doesn't serve cheap stuff---waaaay to go Carl!!).
     Carl is in the midst of selling his Lake Forrest home, and I must say its located in one nice upscale neighborhood, and comes with a very nice pool, jacuzzi, and is laid out quite nicely inside and out for entertaining.  I wish I had taken more pics but----(sigh) I fell victim to my standard Party hearty, smile, laugh, guzzle and mingle mode and took pics of people instead---( the Pic above is of yours truly, comfortable ensconced in an upholstered patio chair.)  The Pic you see here to the right is of My Niece Melanie, and her Husband Bill  (the background of the pic gives you some concept of the elegance of Carl's beautiful home).  The occasion for this gathering was to kinda give pause and thought , reflection of a good friend of the family. Winnifred Marsh----who we lost a few weeks back--someone that has been in all of our lives for so many years----well I like to think I can still hear her musical laugh, her warm smile which she always graced our many family gatherings with----Winnie was truly one of those solid personalites that you subconscously KNOW are good people---and you always enjoyed having around.  She will be fondly remembered.
     Tish, another of my brothers offspring (He sired a neat half dozen to be exact), created the many delectable food offerings of the day, a whole passel of different sandwhiches, tuna, cheese, egg salad put up on rolls, white bread, and whole wheat (she even sliced the crusts off and sissified them  up real nice---eating so many as I did, I got a cramp in my little pinkie holding it up as I ate---almost poke myself in the eye acouple times as well.  Along with the great sandwhiches, there were offering of pasta salads, fresh fruits, and of course there were about five different kinds of dips to go with the bowls of chips scattered around the place----I found a dish of dark salted peanuts which I found myself unable to stop sampling----never did find out what kind they were----but they were great---while they lasted.  The Party was reasonable well attended by the family, two nephs and one niece were not in attendance, ---The niece,  (Gabrielle) living in Phoenix (or maybe in the summer time its Flagstaff??), being out of state, was unable to make it.  The two absent Nephs, Edward and Eric----I believe were out of the country---languishing down Mexico way, unwilling to cancel a long planned weekend .  The Trio of beautiful women you see above, are from left to right, My neice Tish (the family Caterer of late), My Niece by Marriage Jennifer,(her husband the missing Neph Eric), and My Niece Melanie (you no doubt recognize her from the earlier pic above---I don't believe she left that glass out of her hand the whole time I was there (just joshing ya Mel)  (and No she DID NOT marry Bill for his Wine Cellar). (again you get a glimpse of the cabinetry and tile of the kitchen area of Carls home.).

  (------to be continued on Next post "Carl's Place Act II" )
 

8 comments:

  1. Where'd my post go??? And why doesn't Judi have a blog???????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't nobody leave the room, we got a missing post-----what did it look like Dana?----Be careful where ya all step boys and girls----

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yes I missed ya! I was beside myself...having nothing to look forward to when I got home from work.
    Had to satisfy my "addiction" by reading some of your earlier posts...as you can see by an earlier comment! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out and about all day and just now sat down and read your blog, or is it blogs? The pictures are great, especially for me as I rarely take a good picture. I really do look forward to reading your thoughts, at times they just crack me up. Well, I've got stuff to do to get ready for Mexico tomorrow. Love, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The link to "Bits and Pieces" does'nt work Gary....thought you'd like to know. Oh...and btw, I clicked on your picture to get a better look! You look damn good for an "old dude"...you don't look your 71 years, you look at least 10 years younger than that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh crap, ---hope I just fixed that?? Don't need any young angry firemen coming up the freeway uptight about not treating their "woman" right------

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your writing. I wish my picture turned out better though. Uggg!! Oh well, the hostess was up since daybreak. I think you should do a political blogger site. You are good and it should be some interesting and spirited comments from that. Go Gary!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.