Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hi, My Names Gary, and I'm a Blogger

     My story is the old sad one you all have heard---first just skipping through the chat rooms and dropping wise ass remarks, swilling beers and and just enjoying the hell with my own repartee--------but then after a time that wasn't enough, I signed up with My Space and other social sites, but quickly found them waaay to full of ignorant wise ass children-----I quit the chat rooms, I spent hours playing solitaire, and free cell and games like that.
     Then I discovered SIM City 4---oooh yeah hours and hours building my cities, controlling the power, the water, even the weather-----but after some many months this too begin to bore me, becoming repetitive, no surprises, boring-----then quite by chance, my Niece (by Marriage) Judi, caught me on line one day----I believe it was as tuesday , excited about something SHE was into---blogging, and she sent me the link----well immediately I spark ignited somewhere deep in my mind---yeah pretty sure it was my mind-----anyway I quickly leaned how I too could start a blog-----this would be the real me, no more hiding behind false names and pretending to be who I wasn't--------had to pick a name for my blog---something that describe me and well ThreeScorePlusTen came readily to mind---in that I was just about to celebrate the conclusion of just that number of years and start my 71st---so I signed up with  blogger and made my first post
and actually got two comments----not much but it kicked that spark in the back of mind, ooooh yeahhhhh, blogging was what I had been searching for-----So that was then---and so here we are again, and by co-incidence, once again its a tuesday--------I like to think I am making progress, getting better at this, slowly but surely-----by the way---for what its worth----this post just happens to be my 200th-----I think its time for a cold beer------.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Judy caught you online and got you into blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good spread the word ---its all HER fault, she's to blame---------

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 200th post! I love what you have to say even if I dont comment every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I a so proud of you Uncle Gary!! You are the best!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY 200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you believe it? Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so now I understand how it happened. that's a really good thing that happened, you can see how much you enjoy it in your posts.

    You play city builders eh? Ever play Pharoa? City builder based around old egyptian times. Was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 200th post!Only 671 to catch up with me who has been blogging for a couple of years. You should be caught up by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up, don't be a nebish---your opinions do count.